Saturday, July 13, 2013

This course has provided me with many ideas for professional development with our teachers.  The SAMR model is a great way to show teachers where they are with technology and what our goal should be to integrate technology in the classroom.  In my situation, using the digital tools that were provided with students will give them more opportunities to create and find what they are comfortable with to add to their digital backpack.  I would also share these with teachers to use and explore.

One thing that will be a little more difficult is staying connected to find new tools. I had used twitter just occasionally.  In a tech integration training this week, I realized that twitter is a great way to stay connected professionally.  Michele gave us several ways to stay connected, such as pinterest and blogging.  The difficulty for me is going to be able to make time to use these regularly.  Creating authentic assessments is a challenge for me because I try to incorporate many concepts in my weekly classes.  It is hard for me to narrow down the big concepts that I want the students to learn because I want them to learn everything!  My goal this year is to create some assessments for my tech classes that I can use as end-of-the-year assessments to gather data for growth.

2 comments:

  1. Follow me and I'll follow back! I'm cattrinkle. My favorite PLN is #patue and they chat on Tuesday nights at 8:00 - and these people are serious about best practices in teaching & technology!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you've set a goal for the school year. I love Twitter!

    ReplyDelete